Best Studio Monitors under $200: Previously we have shared the about the best studio monitors under $100 and as well as about the best studio monitors and their reviews. These speakers which are under $100 are suitable for the people who are looking for this kind of types. Apart from these, we have the other best studio monitors under $200. Here is the list of the top 7 best studio monitors under $200 in 2017. If you were looking forward to having the best and decent studio monitors which are far better than the best studio monitors. These studio monitors are necessary for music production set up. It is a small scale set up and if you need to have the best experience with high precision and quality. Therefore check out the best studio monitors under $200 in 2018.
Best Studio Monitors Under $200
|Rockville APM8B||Rockville APM8B 8" 2-Way 500W Active/Powered USB Studio Monitor Speakers Pair||Rockville||BLACK|
|Yamaha HS5 Powered Studio Monitor||Yamaha HS5 Powered Studio Monitor||Yamaha||Black|
|PreSonus Eris E4.5 2-Way Powered Studio Monitors (||PreSonus Eris E4.5 2-Way Powered Studio Monitors (Pair)||PreSonus||Black|
|BEHRINGER STUDIO 50USB||BEHRINGER STUDIO 50USB||Behringer||N/A|
|Numark N-Wave 580L||Numark N-Wave 580L | Powered Desktop DJ Monitor Speakers with Pulsating LED Lights (5.25" woofer / 40 watts)||Numark||N/A|
|M-Audio AV42||M-Audio AV42 | 20-Watt Compact Studio Monitor Speakers with 4-inch Woofer (Pair)||M-Audio||MultiColored|
|Alesis ELEVATE 5 MKII - Powered Desktop Studio Speakers for Home Studios/Video-Editing/Gaming and Mobile Devices||Alesis ELEVATE 5 MKII | Powered Desktop Studio Speakers for Home Studios/Video-Editing/Gaming and Mobile Devices||Alesis||N/A|
1. Rockville APM8B
The Rockville is not a household name, but they produce the high-quality audio equipment of their headquarters in New York city. First, let us have a look at the design part of the Rockville APM8Bs. We can have some meaningful options when it comes to the device look. There are three variations they are wood finish painted black, wood finish painted white and as well as a wood finish with a vinyl front board. All these kind of studio monitors have a pretty look, and therefore the users are attracted towards this studio monitors, and hence it is one of the best studio monitors under $200. It is special kind of paint known as baking paint which is employed on the wooden surface to ensure the durability.
- There are two included monitors which are bi-amped which means that there is the distinct amp for high and lows.
- It has 1.5″ silk dome tweeters and a Ferro fluid enhanced feature neodymium magnets which handle a lot of heat. They can raise the power of amp itself without being concerned, and it may overheat and damage the tweeter in the process.
- The Rockville has opted for the rubber woofer surrounds than the foam. Hence this theory helps to eliminate the distortion and increase the overall performance of the device.
- And all the controls are at the front of the device to keep the design clean and simple as possible.
- 3.5mm jack, an XLR combo input jack, headphone output, etc. are attached to the monitors.
- It has a simple design with significant variations.
- And also it has incredibly powerful playback without any distortions.
- The treble controls seem to have no much impact on delivery.
2. Yamaha HS5
This Yamaha HS5 is known for dropping and disrupting markets with good efforts. This is a world of affordable monitor speakers which are the best studio monitors under $200. And now coming to the design there is no matter how trivial under $200 but draws the attention of all the users. And these are in black and white which comes with an edge over the immediate competition. A lot of people are interested in having a look at this kind of monitors. They reduced all the unnecessary curves to a minimum and as well as it eventually produces the boxy speaker.
- A near field active monitor comes with a single 5″ driver and a single 1″ tweeter.
- The output is rated at 70 watts with a bi-amped configuration.
- This design eliminates the conflicts between transducers as we sweep through the frequency range.
- The level control is self-explanatory.
- Yamaha has a TRS input and as well as the XLR.
- They have a great response across the range.
- It has effective acoustic controls.
- And there is lot of volume power
- It has the attractive design.
- one thing about it is it has the poor performance.
3. PreSonus Eris E4.5
The most important thing about PreSonus is that has a good sound. And Eris series of monitors have a few shock waves in the market. And it is proved to be one of the best studio monitors under $200 range. Coming to the PreSonus Eris 4.5 they are different from the average affordable monitors. They have a standard MDF and a neutral design, and there are no grilles over the main drivers. And it breaks the theme is all about the bright blue PreSonus logos on each unit.
- It can deliver 50 Watts that is you can get 25 Watts per speaker.
- They can bare minimum three units in the affordable monitors.
- And also it has the acoustic space control that tightens the frequency response.
- This has a great build quality
- It is an impressive one.
- There are versatile features.
- And it has the unstable quality control.
4. Behringer Studio 50USB
Behringer Studio 50USB is founded in 1989 by Uli Behringer who is a German manufacturer. And he has been one of the most popular producers of the audio equipment. The design of this studio monitor here, and it is one of the Best Studio Monitors under $200. The 50USBs are on the larger side. They have good attributes and the extra space and as well as the robust design goes a long way which promotes an optimal listening experience as well. And in the master speaker, a single LED between the two drivers indicates no power is switched on. Finally, they have good looking models with a build quality which is solid and durable.
- It contains the USB connector which means we can connect the monitors to the digital audio sources.
- And it has a good amount of flexibility regarding the input sources.
- Other than the USB you will have two analog inputs such as XLRand TRS connectors which are 1/4 inch.
- We can use the inputs simultaneously.
- It is simple and elegant but attractive.
- It has the incredible volume potential which is balanced and fairly accurate.
- The control over the tweeter’s gain is a good one.
- It is little under whelming.
5. Numark N-Wave 580L
The Numark N-Wave 580L is a 40-year history which is the right one for advancing technologies. It is designed for DJs and music producers across the world. This is founded in Edison, New Jersey in 1971 and they are the largest manufacturer of DJ equipment in the world. And the visual design has much of the competition in this price range. We can setup that it has both sound and good looking. Those cabinets are fairly simple and unobtrusive affair fashioned with a high strength. It features smooth, the radial edge which has a minimum clear edge diffraction.
- The tweeter and as well as the woofer bar has their feature of color changing LED.
- There are three stages of control which allows for the flexibility regarding the playback.
- It allows the low-end response of 55HZ.
- This has a simple design with interesting LED setup.
- And it is well-balanced sound.
- It is a little overwhelming which we expect with 5″ driver.
- There is some distortion while increasing the volume up.
6. M-Audio AV42
This M-Audio AV series of monitor speakers designed for addressing the needs of the budget user. AV42 is probably the best one for the best studio monitors under $200 category. In other words, we can say that this AV42 is the scaled up version of the AV32. This offers the best kind of performance which is capable of offering. The cabinets are made of MDF, and however, the baffle is composite with a lot of critics troubling on the launch. It is an open ended design which is not unreasonable to assume that M-Audio decided to take this route to cut down the cost of production.
- The output power is 20 Watts channel.
- And both of the cabinets are ported to add some flavor to the bass which is more expressive.
- They have pretty bare bones in design.
- There is a great value for money.
- It has a good performance all around.
- This is a simple design.
- There is a lack of acoustic controls.
- And it has some raw response.
7. Alesis Elevate 5 MKII
It is one of the best studio monitors under $200 ever for the year 2017. These studio monitors are affordable and have raised their performances with Alesis Elevate 5 MKII. If it comes to the design, we can have the average price range, and it has the standard black cabinet. And the defining feature of the Alesis Elevate 5 MKII is two front firing ports. It has a high-density MDF with reducing cabinet resonances. And this is a standard set of black speakers which fit into any interior.
It is neither small nor large, and it offers the best choice for those who have the limited space in their system.
- The core of this setup is 5″ driver and 1″ tweeter.
- And these are not only fairly but are paired with functional cross over which ensures some degree of smoothness.
- The back panel reveals the flexible I/O cluster, and there are no acoustic adjustments.
- It has a decent amount of power for this price range.
- There is a good quality of cabinets with a simple design.
- And it has the transparent performance.
- This has a shallow frequency range.